Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"You are there"

Dear friends don't have to live close, this message
is true.  Cause I found a friend in Iowa....That friend is "you" 
God puts us in places,  we can't figure out,
but once we look back, we understand with no doubts.
 
 
I had just moved to Iowa, the sun in the air.
Grandchildren on bikes......
and you were there.
 
I walked to the sidewalk with casual smile,
We talked and chatted for a little while.
Something happened so quickly, a bond we did
share.  A feeling I sensed, me here......
And you there.
 
It all started when my husband was transferred from Deere.
And just down the street, with coffee to share........
you were there.
Then my mother was diagnosed with cancer, my life's
biggest scare, and once again......
you were there.
Then a bizarre doctor gave me a diagnosis, one that gave
me real fear, and with real concern......
you were there.
 
These are just a few scares, when I needed a friend,
and someone to share......
Guess what, you were always there.
 
God put you in my path with your wisdom to share,
and I give thanks everyday.........
That you were there.
 
Now things are different and my location is here,
But our bond never changed.  I still know you care.
Our lives get busy doing everyday things, but you remain
in my heart, and the calmness it brings.
 
 
Today is your birthday, one more year in the past. 
But please know that our friendship is here to last.
I'll pick up the phone and call you from here,
Sing you Happy Birthday, even toast with a beer,
It will come from the heart and be totally sincere,
Cause I am here.......
And you are there.
 
Hope you have a Happy Birthday.
 
Love you,
 
Cindy
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment